Be A Member Of The
* From part 1: it’s non-denominational, Jesus shed His blood for it, it has the right organization, its’ worship is
scriptural, its’ only authority is the Bible, and it’s the church in which salvation is found.
* Let’s use both studies to help others see the need to change.
1. It believes all the Bible is the holy, divine, inspired Word of God.
* Bible is infallible, faultless, & perfect. Plenary, verbal, inerrant, inspired Word of God.
* Plenary – full & absolute. Verbal – Every word inspired alike. Inerrant – free from error. Inspired – God breathed.
* We must believe all the Bible (Heb. 11:6).
* The Bible is God’s divine word (II Tim. 3:16-17; II Peter 1:21; I Thess. 2:13).
* God solely responsible (ultimately) for Bible’s content (II Sam. 23:2; Isaiah 51:6).
* To reject any part of Bible is to reject God who gave it.
2. Because it believes the Bible must be rightly divided.
* II Tim. – Handle aright, cut straight.
* Some twist scriptures to their own purposes & will suffer destruction (II Peter ).
* When reading a verse, must ask: Who is speaking? To whom is he speaking? When is he speaking? How is he
speaking? What is the context in which this is said?
* Must not wrest scripture or obey every statement. Judas hanged (Matt. 27:5). Luke says, “go and do thou
likewise.” Scriptures must be rightly divided!
* Old Testament good for our learning (
His cross (Col. 2:14; Heb. -17).
3. It teaches the
* Prophesied in the OT (Daniel ; Isaiah 2:2-4; Micah 4:1-4; Joel -32).
* John & Jesus preached concerning the kingdom (Matt. 3:1-2; Mark -15).
* Church & Kingdom used interchangeably (Matt. -9). Paul preached of the kingdom (Acts 28:31).
* When the kingdom was preached, a church was established (Acts ; 19:8; ). Obedient added to it (Acts
&47; Col. 1:13). * Members of church members of kingdom (Hebrews ; 1 Thessalonians ; Revelation 1:9).
* Faithful members will see heaven (I Corinthians ).
4. The church was established by Christ on Pentecost.
* John & Jesus preached the kingdom was at hand (Mt. 3:1-2; Mark -15). Jesus came at right time (Gal. 4:4).
* Kingdom built during lifetime of His audience (Mark 9:1).
Jesus told apostles to wait in
* Prior to Acts 2:4, the church is a future happening. After Acts 2:4; it’s in existence.
5. It’s only foundation is Jesus, the Son of God. (I Cor. 3:11).
Any other foundation will perish (Acts -12).
Denominations founded upon men, but not the
* Jesus promised the church (Matt. ). It was His message (Matt. ).
* Church’s only head is Jesus (Eph. -23; Col. 1:18).
* Bible teaches how we avoid “falling” (II Peter 1:5-10). We must grow and be ready for “meat” of gospel (Heb. ).
* Jesus will reject lukewarm, stagnant Christians (Rev. 3:16-19).
* You think a Christian can’t fall? Read II Pet. 2:20-22. Peter wrote by inspiration, not opinion (II Peter 1:3, 20, & 21).
* One who departs from Jesus will be cast into the fire (John 15:6).
* Recall the unfaithful servant (Mt. 25:24-30).
Whatever you believe now, compare it to what the Bible says. If both are identical, then rejoice. If not, throw out the un-Biblical belief and cling to the words of God. Do as the Bereans did and “search the scriptures daily” to see if what you’ve been taught is so (Acts ). Too much is at stake eternally to do otherwise!