The Road Back Notes/Study Sheet
* OT and NT both speak of apostasy. Denominationalists deny such.
- Hosea 11:7 Israelites bent to backsliding
- Deut. 8:11-14 - Remember the Lord and His blessings
- Ezek 18:26
I. Bible evidence supporting apostasy.
* I Cor. 10:12 Take heed
* Luke 22:31 Satan desires to have you (Peter)
* Acts 8:12-13 Simon the sorcerer
* Luke 8:13 some will fall away
* John 15:1-6 some branches pruned and burned
* Some did fall
- Judas (Acts 1:25; Jn. 17:12)
- Other disciples abandoned Jesus (John 6:66)
- II Tim. 2:16-18
- Heb. 6:4-6 some fell back into Judaism
- Jas. 5:19-20
II. There is a road back to God.
* Some are too cold to return, others are lukewarm (Rev. 3:15-16)
* Step 1 belief
* Step 2 repentance
* Step 3 confession
- 3 venues in which to confess
* How is it that so many who skip church for weeks and months on end simply think they can slip back into a pew
without a word to the congregation?? Ways to announce their intentions to the church?
* Step 4 prayer
* Just because one has been immersed doesnt mean he or she is living a life of righteousness