* The notion of a Creator seems to be instinctive among all people, as does some concept of Heaven & Hell.
* Job 3:17
* Sadly, there are too many false views of Heaven.
1. Heaven on Earth.
* Bible distinguishes between Heaven & Earth (Mt. 5:34-35; 6:10, 19-20).
* Proof texts for theory - Isaiah 65:17; 66:22; II Peter 3:13; Revelation 21:1. What type of language? _______________
* Rom. 8:20-22
* Personification found elsewhere in the Bible (Psa. 114 Psalm 96:12; 98:8; Isaiah 35:1; 55:12).
* Rev. 21 & 22?
* Must recognize figurative language.
* Where did this theory begin? In the pseudepigrapha literature of the inter-biblical period, not in Scripture.
* A lot of people have a materialistic view of Heaven.
2. What will Heaven be like from our point of view?
* A place of rest.
- Rev. 14:13
- Matt. 5:3 & following
- John 13:17
- Hope of every Christian (Titus 2:3)
* A place of reward.
- Gal. 6:7-9
- Matt. 21:28
* A place of righteousness.
- Rev. 4:8
- Luke 9:26
- Heb. 12:23
- No police or prisons!
- Heaven will be minus the unfaithful (Matt. 25:41-46; II Thess. 1:7-9; Rev. 14:9-12; 21:8; 22:15) theyll be in Hell.
* A place of responsibility.
- Gods servants will serve Him (Rev. 22:3) continuously (Rev. 7:15).
- Luke 19:16-19
* A place of reunion and recognition.
- Gen 25:8
- Gen. 37:35
- II Sam. 12:23
- Matt. 8:11
- What if I notice loved ones who arent in Heaven?
1) God will take care of it! (Rev. 7:17; 21:4).
2) Well have a heightened sense of spirituality and will see things differently.
3) The Lord loves humanity more than we do and Hes happy, why wouldnt we be?
* Heaven will prove the reliability of our hope!
- Acts 24:15
- I Cor. 15
- Jn. 5:28-29
Dear soul, prepare for Heaven. Do it now! R.W. McAlister 4/26/09 p.m.