Questions and Bible Answers – Notes/Study Sheet
* If we desire wisdom, we need only ask God (Jas. 1:5).
I. Question 1: “Sometimes, I don’t feel like worshipping when I come to church because of other factors in my life. Can we worship right if our hearts are wrong?”
* Worship extremely important to God (Jn. 4:24, II Cor. 9:7).
* Sermon on the mount (Matt. 5:23-24) – Can’t worship if we have aught against our brother.
* Corrupt natures negate worship (Isa. 1:11).
* Micah 6:6-7 –
* Our worship is not right when our hearts are wrong.
II. Question 2: “Is unbelief a sin?”
* Adam and Eve didn’t believe (Gen. 3).
* Israelites wandered the wilderness for 40 yrs. (Ex. 16:35).
* Unbelief is cause of all departure.
* Unbelief and disobedience is the same thing.
* Causes of unbelief:
- Evil heart (Matt. 5:19).
- Ignorance/blindness (Heb. 5:12) -
- Love of sin (I Jn. 2:15) -
- Influence of the Devil (Luke 8:12) -
- The pride of human nature (Prov. 16:18; 26:12) –
* Effects of unbelief:
- Deut. 27:26 – “Cursed be he that confirmeth not all the words of this law to do them.”
- Gal. 3:10 –
* Those guilty of unbelief? “Ye shall die in your sins” (John 8:24).