Homosexuality: A Grievous Sin That’s Alive and Well – Lesson Notes
* California Supreme Court ruling recently
* “Be tolerant of others!” Yet Elliot Chambers suspended for wearing “Straight Pride” sweatshirt to school
* Schools are now more interested in social engineering than in teaching!
* Gay, Lesbian, and Straight Education Network (GLSEN) vows to eliminate “homophobia” from schools
1.Can one’s sexual preference be changed, or is it genetically predetermined?
* Not a genetic condition, it’s a choice! The Bible does not support homosexuality or presence of a “gay gene”
Genetic conditions aren’t condemned (left-handedness, hair color, etc.) -
homosexuality is! (
* I Cor. 6:9-11 – “effeminate” (men and boys who allow themselves to be misused homosexually); “abusers
of themselves with men” (ASV) – these unrepented sins will keep one out of heaven!
* This behavior can be changed! (I Cor. 6:11). Even our own research proves so (Dr. Robert Spitzer).
* God created male and female (Gen. 1:26)
* God regulates sexual behavior (Gen ; Heb. 13:4)
* Sexual perversions are sinful (Gal. -21)
* God will forgive sexual sin if it’s repented of (Luke 13:3; I John 1:9)
* The Gospel defeats sin! (Rom. )
2. Jesus didn’t have to mention homosexuality in order for it to be a sin.
* An excuse frequently offered as though it excuses homosexuality (Patricia Ireland; Episcopal church, etc.)
* Jesus didn’t have to mention every sin by name! Jesus condemned theft (Matt. 15:9; Mark ). That
includes all types (identity theft, tax evasion, shoplifting, etc.)
* Jesus condemned homosexuality when he condemned fornication (Matt. & 19:9). Fornication –
“adultery, fornication, homosexuality, lesbianism, intercourse with animals etc.” (Strong). See Jude 7
* Rejecting Jesus’ representative same as rejecting Him (Luke ).
* Paul clearly condemned homosexuality (Romans 1:26-27; I Corinthians 6:9-10; 1 Timothy 1:10)
3. What are the consequences of this sin?
* “Recompense of their error” (Rom. )
* Verse 27 indicates dire consequences from this sinful lifestyle! Indeed, today we see A.I.D.S., Kaposi’s
sarcoma, and pneumocystis.
* Ultimate consequence is spiritual death! (Gal. 5:19-21)
* No place/person is untouched by this sin! Has invaded Ford Motor Company, GM more recently, and even
McDonalds (McDonalds – a restaurant aimed at children!)
* Christians ought to be homophobic. Not rude to homosexuals, because they need our help and prayers, but
we ought to respect God’s wishes and reprove evil. We must support the home as God designed it.