He Being Dead Yet Speaketh – Notes/Study Sheet
* Abel still teaching us a lesson today.
* Gen. 4 – account of Cain and Abel.
1. What do we learn about Abel?
* His faith was an active faith (by faith, he offered...)
* What is true faith?
* “By faith” in Heb. 11 means ______________________________________________________.
* God is watching us (Prov. 15:3).
* True worship is:________________________________________________________________.
* No evidence he was insincere in trying to worship God.
* Just the same, he was forerunner of Jeroboam.
* Nothing we can devise in worship is as good as what God has commanded!
* God has told us ___________to worship Him, _____________to worship Him, and _____________we worship Him.
* Abel’s ____________________ was “more excellent” than his brother’s—not his __________________.
* Obedience itself condemns disobedience.
* When Cain’s anger conceived, it brought forth ___________________________________. (Jas. 1:15)
* I John 3:11-12 –
3. Influence of Jesus.
* Influence of good men often outlasts that of evil men.
* Mary anointed Jesus’ head and feet (Mt. 26:6-13). “Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached
in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her” (Mt. 26:13).
* We must practice what we preach to have the proper influence now and after we’re dead (Rom. 2:21).
* Hypocrite (Mt. 23:13-14).
4. Christian must be loyal to his convictions.
* Be a Daniel (Gal. 6:10), not a Pilate (Mt. 27:24).
* Let others see the Lord in us (Mt. 5).
* The influence of the dead lives on (Gen. 4:10). We must live so that we can be good examples even after we’re gone.
R.W. McAlister 11/9/08 p.m.