* Book of Psalms a collection of 150 songs. Psalm 103 very glorious.
* Psalmist strains to bless the name of the Lord!
* He loves God with every fiber of his being (Dt. 6:5; Mt. 22:37; Mk. 12:29-30).
* God is a God of benefits (Ps. 68:19) and is always there for His people.
* Some things we should forget:
* Some things we must never forget:
1. Thank God for the forgiveness He offers!
* All sin can be forgiven (I Jn. 1:9; Mt. 11:28-30; Rev. 22:17).
* Saul of Tarsus –
* Forgiveness is not unconditional (Rom. 6:17; Heb. 5:8-9; Acts 2:38; 22:16).
* Nicodemus –
* Simon the Sorcerer –
2. Thank God for the healing He offers!
* Man will die (Gen. 2:17; Rom. 5:12), won’t live forever.
* We don’t have access to miraculous healing (I Cor. 13:8).
* We DO have the healing power God designed into the human body (Gen. 2:7; Psa. 139:14).
* After the body is buried:
3. Thank God for the redemption found in Him!
* Jesus paid the price for our redemption (Jn. 1:14; Heb. 2:11; Luke 1:68; Eph. 1:7).
- We’re redeemed from the guilt of our transgressions
- We await the redemption of our bodies
4. Thank God that Christians will be crowned!
* God’s kindness shown in Creation (Psa. 19:1; Rom. 1:20)
* God’s love shown through His providence (Acts 17:25)
* God’s love shown through sending His Son (Tit. 3:4; John 3:16)
* Which crowns will be given the faithful?
5. God satisfies our mouth with good things!
* Even in our old age, God will supply us with good things.
* Even in old age, our spirits can soar! (II Cor. 4:16)
* All good blessings come from God. May we praise His name every day, not just once a year!
Take advantage of all the benefits God has made available – especially salvation!
R.W. McAlister 11/23/08 a.m.