* A.D. 70 doctrine – Things we expect to happen in the future said to have already happened.
* Realized Eschatology (fulfillment of final things)
* Also called King or Max King doctrine
* King doctrine teaches that kingdom came on Pentecost, but not w/all its glory and power.
- Mark 9:1 –
- Acts 1:8 –
- Acts 2:4 –
- Luke 24:49 –
I. When did the Holy Spirit come?
* Acts 1:4, 6-8 –
* Mark 9:1 –
* Acts 2:2-4 –
II. When did the kingdom come?
* Col. 1:13 – Christian delivered from the power of darkness
* Col. 2:10 – Brethren are complete in Christ
* Col. 1:9-12 –
* Luke 22:29-30 – Table of the Lord (Acts 20:7).
* I Cor. 10:16-17 – Corinthians partook of Lord’s Supper for 40 years prior to A.D. 70. Was the kingdom in which the
table of the Lord existed a glory-less and powerless kingdom?
* Eph. 3:10 –
III. Spiritual or Bodily Resurrection?
* Lord’s church, they say, ran parallel with Law of Moses until destruction of Jerusalem/A.D. 70. Then, body of the
church was “resurrected” (in a spiritual sense) from Judaism.
* John 5:28-29 –
* Is the church plural? NO (Eph. 4:4, I Cor. 12:13)
* Paul discusses resurrection of the dead (I Cor. 15)
* One day, those who have died will come out of their graves and stand before God to be judged (II Cor. 5:10)!
* Christ first-fruits of them that sleep (I Cor. 15:23)
* Jesus arose physically (Jn. 1:21; Luke 24:39-40; John 20:20- 27).
IV. Departures from the truth
* Error concerning the final, universal, resurrection from the dead is nothing new.
* All denominations guilty of departures from the faith and CANNOT SAVE!
* Hymenaeus and Philetus (II Tim. 2:16-18, see also Rom. 16:17-18).
* To deny resurrection of Christ makes salvation impossible and our preaching in vain (I Cor. 15:12-19).
R.W. McAlister 2/8/09 p.m.