“Be Of Good Cheer!” Notes/Study Sheet
* Many are depressed after last week’s presidential election. Not the result for which many had hoped.
* Has God abandoned us? NO. God still with us – both in mountaintop and valley experiences (Ps. 23:1-4).
* We will have trouble, but we should rejoice (Jn. 16:33).
1. We must realize we’ll have tribulation.
* God’s people have always faced trials (Heb. 11:32,35-38; I John 3:13; Luke 6:22).
* Such began when? ______________________________________________________________
* Gen. 3:15-19.
2. Control your thoughts and cultivate hope.
* Prov. 23:7 –
* We need to learn to be content no matter what! (Phil. 4:11)
* We have hope (Rom. 5:2; I Thess. 1:2-3; Rom. 5:2-4; Rom. 12:12)
* We must be patient (Jas. 1:2-3).
* Hope produces ___________________________ and __________________________ (II Cor. 3:12).
* Phil 1:20 –
3. Jesus Christ came into the world to save sinners. (I Tim. 1:15)
* Romans 1:16 – Christian’s gift to the world is __________________________________________.
* Paul trusted the Lord implicitly (II Tim. 1:8-12). He knew the Lord would guard his salvation.
* God promised to be w/His people in the Old Testament (Josh. 1:9).
* “Beware that thou forget not the LORD thy God, in not keeping his commandments, and his judgments, and his
statutes, which I command thee this day” (Deut. 8:11).
* I Peter 5:7 –
* Matt. 5:4 –
* Matt. 11:28-29 –
4. Trust God!
* His ways not ours (Isa. 55:8).
* God has used evil men throughout history to accomplish His will (Gen. 50:20; Haman, book of Esther).
* John 16:33, “In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.”
R.W. McAlister 11/9/08 a.m.